Help with formatting c drive

madlittleme 13:12 23 Oct 05

Can anyone give me a step by step method for formatting my c drive as I have bought a pc that has an illegal copy of xp pro and I want to re-install a legal copy on and remove all data from previous owners. Any chance of plain english as I'm a novice at this sort of thing! Cheers.

SANTOS7 13:25 23 Oct 05

click here
this will help,good luck...

SANTOS7 13:27 23 Oct 05

click here
step by step with illustrations, may be better..

ACOLYTE 13:29 23 Oct 05

Boot from the cd you have then when asked if you want to install select yes,delete the old partition with xp pro on it do a quick format and install the new copy.You will need to alter the boot order in the bios to cd as first boot device and change it back after to hdd.Its all onscreen so just press the right buttons.

stylehurst 13:30 23 Oct 05

Two questions here
Firstly, to remove all trace of the previous owner, download a copy of the free program KILLDISK; follow the instructions, this will totally remove all traces of the previous owner and also the illegal OS. (The program KILLDISK runs ffrom a floppy)
Once above completes using your legal copy of XP CD just boot from the CD & follow instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…