help fme im a novice.##

bluebird 08:17 19 Mar 04

can anybody give me some advice. when i start my mesh matrix computer i get onto the dwesktop and from the icons below get a message box "found new hardware usb device" i cthen get "problem with installation your hardware might not work properly" i click these off and carry on as normal, but why is this happening?

woodchip 10:28 19 Mar 04

You must have ether plugged a USB into one of the ports or you have not got a driver loaded for one of your USB hardware items. to find out right click on My Computer click properties click Device Manager look for yellow icons. click the item to see the problem

rickf 10:33 19 Mar 04

and install the drivers after following woodchip's procedure. Once this is done the yellow question marks should disappear in device manager.

bluebird 11:33 19 Mar 04

guys i cant find properties tab all i see is

files stored on this computer
hard disk drives etc

Totally-braindead 11:35 19 Mar 04

Are you using XP?

woodchip 11:40 19 Mar 04

Right Click My Computer click properties

ventanas 11:44 19 Mar 04

I think you are left-clicking. Click on Start and move to My Computer. Right click on this line and choose Properties from the drop down list. From the box that appears choose the Hardware tab, and then click on Device Manager about half way down on the right.

Are there any yellow question marks against any of the entries.

Also have you plugged anything into a USB port such as a digital camera or card reader and just unplugged it without going throught the proper removal process?

bluebird 12:33 19 Mar 04

managed to get there in the end. no yellow ? marks. also i havent plugged anything into a usb port only the modem, printer and web cam

woodchip 14:57 19 Mar 04

Remove the items you said above from USB, just put one at a time in, and start the computer after each, to see what drivers it's asking for

bluebird 15:30 19 Mar 04

cheers woodchip problem resolved. owe you one. problem with cam, ok now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…