help with fitting sound card and tv card please

KERRO01 16:07 27 Apr 06

hi i just bought a new sound card and a tv card for my pc. can anyone give me some help please in how to fit them??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:15 27 Apr 06

Fit PCI CARD
click here
Video card install
click here
Build your own PC
Videos click here
Info click here
PCmech click here

Bill Bixby 16:16 27 Apr 06

You could always try reading the manual that came with your cards ;-)

KERRO01 16:29 27 Apr 06

yes but i have built in sound so i dont know hot to take that out because there is not one in a PCI slot

KERRO01 17:12 27 Apr 06

can someone please please help me

ed-0 17:18 27 Apr 06

Plug the sound card into a PCI slot. Boot up the computer and have the driver disk in the cdrom. Point windows to the cdrom for drivers.

If the sound card does not work, then you may have to disable the on-board sound in the bios.

To help you with that, we would need to know your motherboard make and model.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:56 27 Apr 06

First, ensure that you have the correct audio devices in Multimedia by following the below steps:

1. Click Start / Settings / Control Panel double-click the multimedia icon.
2. Verify that the playback device is set to the audio device in the computer.

Second, verify that your sound card has the latest drivers and/or updates installed .

If you are planning on purchasing a new sound card and have on-board audio it is highly recommended that you disable the on-board audio before installing the new sound card. Below is the two methods that an on-board can be disabled.

1. The majority of all on-board sound cards can be enabled or disabled within CMOS. Additional information on how to get into CMOS can be found on click here.

2. If your computer does not have an option within CMOS to disable the on-board audio it is likely that either the motherboard has a jumper which can be set to disable the on-board audio, or the on-board audio will disable automatically when the new sound card is installed into the computer. Please refer to the motherboard manual or contact your computer or motherboard manufacturer for additional information.

KERRO01 01:27 29 Apr 06

thanx for the help fruit bat. its in now and working perfect. oh baby does it sound good!!

pokemom 01:45 29 Apr 06

and did you install your sound card ok as well ,cause it pretty much the same !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…