HELP firewire installation

Stan 23:01 09 Feb 04

I have just bought a firewire card on the the understanding that it only needed to be slotted into an available PCI slot on the motherboard and hey presto!

However on unpacking the card I noticed the standard white plastic power connector.

Do such cards need external power or is the power from the PCI connection enough.

Thanx

josie mayhem 23:12 09 Feb 04

I've jsut installed one. And yes all I did was put it into a spare PCI slot, and it configured itself. There was no extra power supply.

I've doubled check the instruction leaflet, and it mention nothing, apart from put it in and away you go. Mine is a cheapie PCline effort, but does the job.

The only thing I can suggest is to put it in and see if it works!

IMAGEDKTR1 23:21 09 Feb 04

if there is a power supply connector and it dont work without it connected go figure
but i would check any manual that came with it first , ive got a fire wire card and it draws any power needed through pci slot. it aint rocket science read the manual

keenan 23:31 09 Feb 04

For a straight forward tutorial click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…