Help finding new PCI-Express ATI Graphics Card

Audio~~Chip 18:58 05 Sep 10

Hello

I am designing my new build and stuck on the choice of PCI-Express Graphics card because there are too many and a lot seem to have x2 DVI connections on them.

I am not a gamer thought do like my Media online streaming video's music & TV, film, I have a BenQ G2420HD 24" TFT with HDMI cable. I run a daily active aircraft monitoring software programe but its not dependant on high end graphics.

This machine needs to start life with XP Pro, and futureproof with 7 Pro in a year of 2. I am building arround a I7 920 2.66GHz, Asus P6X58S-E motherboard

What confuses me is the way the 2 DVI's ports are orrinentated on the cards, I only need one and HDMI. I was looking at the ATI 57xx or 58xx series finally QUIET card is prefered.

Any pointers or name drops please would be great!

citadel 20:24 05 Sep 10

if you dont play games, the ones that need powerful card i mean. sapphire hd 5550 will do and its got no fan so its silent. £64 at scan.co.uk

Audio~~Chip 20:40 05 Sep 10

Are these the 512MB cards or 1GB GDDR 5 ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…