Help finding lost folders.

I have done a fresh install of Windows XP - Not a Format. I have lost some files and folders can they be found again? I hope they can cos' although most have gone there are some files that were there before the fresh install which are still there.

spanneress 19:42 05 Aug 04

You want this click here you do!!

Tis the mutts nuts!

Thanks spanneress I have downloaded and installed but it keeps coming up with errors. Please help.

spanneress 19:54 05 Aug 04

Odd...what are the errors? Chris the Ancient is a bit of a Guru on this one..but fire away and will see what we can do....

Error Code: 70

Error Description: Permission Denied

Error Source: SMR2

spanneress 19:59 05 Aug 04

OK..before I download it on to one of my XP machines..are you running Pro or Home?

spanneress 20:04 05 Aug 04

Ok..just running it now,,,which one did you download? I am running the recovery one..what file types are you trying to locate? Are the docs or images?

I am trying locate both and I downloaded the one cnet alternative download english.

Chris the Ancient 20:11 05 Aug 04

I wish I was the guru on this one!

All I did was find it, use it and recommend it! And that was the media recovery one - 'Smart Recovery'

Seriously, though, but a daft question I know... Have you downloaded the correct one of the multiple choice of programs? You need to use the top one of the list - 'File Recovery'. I've not tried that one!

Now, if that is the best I can offer, it shows that a guru I ain't.

But good luck.

oops i downloaded smartrecovery!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…