Help To Finalize Inst' HDD&CDr.

DWANE PYPE 18:08 12 May 03

Trying to install HDD&CDr. IDE cable connected correctly, jumpers set to HDD master: CDr slave: Boot up, both recognized i.e. M&S on first screen, get to black screen before final boot up, they are recognized on that, but it wants the system disc inserted to proceed further, and this is were I need your help and guidance to carry on, as I would not like to do anything I shouldn?t. Any help will be greatly appreciated. OS98ME.

mrdsgs 18:13 12 May 03

your hard disk is empty, or at least it does not have an operating system on it.

you should have a Windows 98 boot floppy disk

put that in the floppy drive and reboot.

you will boot to Dos then you should put your operating sytem cd in the drive and type d:\setup

or similar and installation should start.

If you are saying that the hd is a second one, you will need to enter your bios to tell the computer which hd to boot from.

Rayuk 18:29 12 May 03

You should have your HDD as Master on its own and the CDR on the Secondary Connector.
If you have a cdrom or dvd on the secondary its ok to have cdr as slave as well,not a good idea to mix hdd and cdr

DWANE PYPE 20:31 12 May 03

It is fully loaded that is why I did not want to carry on,so I will do as Rayuk suggested and put my CDr&CD-wr together on the secondary IDE.

Thanks very much to you both for the advice.
Regards, mac.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…