Help With Fax purchase Please

Whaty 17:14 21 Nov 06

I want to buy a dedicated Fax machine for under £100, reliabilty and I guess quality are the main criteria, speed isn't too important.

Try as I may I can't find any reviews or recommendations for Fax machines.

Can anyone comment on the three machines below or offer a better alternative:-

Philips Faxjet 365
Samsung SF360
Samsung SF365TP

Thanks,
Terry

€dstowe 18:43 21 Nov 06

Do you really need a FAX machine?

I have a business of over twenty office based employees and some on the road.

A few years ago the FAX machine was operating every few minutes. Now it sits there doing nothing from one week to another. I would think more than twice before replacing the machine if it died on me.

anchor 11:44 22 Nov 06

I had a Fax machine, but gave it up in favour of the Trinite, (now Nildram), "fax to e-mail" service. I only receive the occasional fax, and this suits me fine.

The faxes are sent to your specific 0870 number, and immediately re-sent as a tiff graphic to your e-mail address. I have used this for some years and find it most reliable.

click here

Sorry, cannot comment on any dedicated fax machines.

Whaty 11:54 22 Nov 06

Hmmm, food for thought... Thanks for your replies.

Terry

Kate B 12:17 22 Nov 06

The only reason I keep a fax machine is to get repeat prescriptions from my doctor, who has yet to join the 21st century. I can only get them by sending the request via snail mail, dropping it into the surgery or faxing it *bangs head on desk*

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:25 22 Nov 06

People still use faxes....gasp! /me faints

G

how twentieth century ;-))

Carafaraday 12:37 22 Nov 06

Whaty - I hope you don't mind me butting in to your thread. I just wondered whether with a fax to email service such as anchor suggests you can send as well as receive faxes?

anchor 12:40 22 Nov 06

Kate B: Same here. Don`t need the fax machine though; I send my repeat prescription requests from my PC using MS Word and Winfax.

Do the same for any other fax I need to send.

GANDALF: I often find a Fax better than e-mail. The recipient may, or may not, read e-mail, but with Fax they have a printed copy there and then in their office.

anchor 12:49 22 Nov 06

Carafaraday: No, the Nildram service does not offer the facility of sending fax by e-mail; it only receives them. However, I know of another that does:

click here

Quite expensive though; £6/month. Unless you send lots, cheaper to send them via your PC, as I do.

Carafaraday 12:51 22 Nov 06

anchor - thank you for your reply. Sorry to be dim but how do you 'send them from your pc'?

Whaty 12:58 22 Nov 06

In my case I require a Fax machine for documents that need signing. I can either Fax the document over, they sign it and fax back or, I e-mail it, they print it, sign it and then Fax back....

Wouldn't say there are hundreds but it is used every day (hence reliability and quality over speed).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5