//some 3rd party need geo

Help with excel please.

jamesy74 12:12 25 Apr 05

I made a copy of a spreadsheet but when i deleted the old text the formulas went also. Is there a way of clearing the text but keeping the formula?

Also, it had a function when you inserted the date it would generate the day of the week and that particular column would also replicate same data.

Many thanks.

Noldi 12:27 25 Apr 05

Whn you copy then paste special with fomula or formats what you want. (Paste special with right click)
Is that what you want?
Noldi

Noldi 12:31 25 Apr 05

Second qestion is =today() if you want you can enter -7 in the brackets to get a week before etc.
Look in formulas there is also one for now the give day hrs min sec.

Noldi 12:35 25 Apr 05

sorry just read it again I got the wrong end of the stick, Im looking into it. VOG would be the Excel expert when he comes online.

Noldi 12:49 25 Apr 05

Cell A1 is date (1/5/04) B1 =WEEKDAY(A1).
That will give you 1 for Sun 2 for Mon etc. Now you need a formula to convert these Nos into Monday ,Tuesday etc. But I have to get back to the grind stone will look tonight to see if any other member has solved this.
Noldi

VoG II 12:52 25 Apr 05

=CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1), "Sun", "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", "Thu", "Fri", "Sat")

VoG II 13:01 25 Apr 05

PS

To avoid accidentally deleting formulas again, protect the worksheet. Or show formula cells in a different colour.

Go to Edit/Go to/Special and select "Formulas" then click "OK". Now go to Format/Cells and select the "Patterns" tab and choose a colour.

GroupFC 13:41 25 Apr 05

Into my postings (for VoG™'s useful tip about colour in cells with formulas).

Chris the Ancient 14:23 25 Apr 05

Another new one for me - from the Master.

I'd never noticed that Goto... Special before.

Goodonya M8

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…