Help with Excel 2003 data copying problem

Housten 17:17 11 Feb 10

Good Afternoon,

I will be creating a spreadsheet and would like to ease the way I use it. The sheet will have about 30 columns initially and will probably grow to about 60. I wish to record quantities on a daily basis and then be able to use this data in another spreadsheet. I thought that getting this data to the other sheet would be time consuming by having to keep changing the references, but I realised that if I use a specific row at the top of the first sheet then all subsequent references can be to this one row. However I realised that in the first couple of weeks data will be on screen it will be easy to copy the row I wish to use, however in 6 months time that will not be the case, and it will be necessary to skip down the sheet until I can find the row I wish. With this in mind I thought that if I named each row of data then I would be able to paste that ‘name’ in the top row, but I can not get this to work – and I am not even sure that it will work. I then looked at using the ‘R1C1’ notation, but this would not seem to allow it.

If anyone knows a way to achieve this ( almost ) automatic copying then I would be very grateful. Just as useful, however, will be the information that this can not be done as I will enable me to stop wasting my time and try to decide on a different way of recording the data.

Many thanks in advance for any help given.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…