Help with Excel 2003 data copying problem

Housten 17:17 11 Feb 10

Good Afternoon,

I will be creating a spreadsheet and would like to ease the way I use it. The sheet will have about 30 columns initially and will probably grow to about 60. I wish to record quantities on a daily basis and then be able to use this data in another spreadsheet. I thought that getting this data to the other sheet would be time consuming by having to keep changing the references, but I realised that if I use a specific row at the top of the first sheet then all subsequent references can be to this one row. However I realised that in the first couple of weeks data will be on screen it will be easy to copy the row I wish to use, however in 6 months time that will not be the case, and it will be necessary to skip down the sheet until I can find the row I wish. With this in mind I thought that if I named each row of data then I would be able to paste that ‘name’ in the top row, but I can not get this to work – and I am not even sure that it will work. I then looked at using the ‘R1C1’ notation, but this would not seem to allow it.

If anyone knows a way to achieve this ( almost ) automatic copying then I would be very grateful. Just as useful, however, will be the information that this can not be done as I will enable me to stop wasting my time and try to decide on a different way of recording the data.

Many thanks in advance for any help given.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes