Help with Excel

sellewe 17:23 11 Oct 03

I am using Excel 97 and would like to keep the top line fixed so that as I type it is always visable no matter how far down I use the page. I know this is possible but could someone please tell me how to do this.

VoG II 17:25 11 Oct 03

Select a cell in the second row. Window/Freeze panes.

sellewe 17:32 11 Oct 03

Thanks VoG, I worked a treat.

Nosmas 17:39 11 Oct 03

Do as VoG says, but bear in mind that when you click on Freeze Panes all ROWS ABOVE, AND all COLUMNS TO THE LEFT OF, the selected cell will be 'fixed'. So if you only want to 'fix' the top row and not any columns, you will need to select cell A2 before clicking on Freeze Panes.

If you make a mistake or want to change which rows/columns are 'fixed' just click on Unfreeze Panes, select another (suitably located) cell and click on Freeze Panes again.

daba 10:04 12 Oct 03

....if your columns have 'titles' at the top, and you want to Print out the sheet, then you can 'Page Setup->Sheet' and set 'Rows to Repeat at Top' (or 'Columns to repeat at Left'), to your header rows.

That way when your printout goes over one page, the title rows get put on again automatically on every page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…