HELP!! everything in my documents is gone

HateGrowth 20:00 31 Oct 07

i havent installed anything new or anything and everything in my documents has gone ive checked in the documents and settings folders and they arent there either

im running xp pro service pack 2 all up to date

ive done a virus and spyware scan and it hasnt picked up anything..

does anybody have any ideas what could have caused this?

Stuartli 20:04 31 Oct 07
  jack 20:13 31 Oct 07

That link is interesting Stuart.
A similar situation to me this after noon
A folder of docs went AWOL
I found a restore back one stage did the trick.

HateGrowth 20:32 31 Oct 07

thanks guys but it isnt that my documents is missing its all the contents that are

HateGrowth 20:35 31 Oct 07

also ive tried system restore and it doesnt fix it

Halmer 21:01 31 Oct 07

If you know the name of one your documents it may be worthwhile doing a search for it just to make sure that they haven't been moved accidentally some how.

HateGrowth 21:09 31 Oct 07

thankyou im trying this now. will post back in a bit

Technotiger 21:17 31 Oct 07

Hi, I found this in another forum where a guy had same problems, lost contents of his My Documents folder.

..... I really need my data so I searched the web and then came across R-Studio NTFS. This software scanned my hard disk and then found all the files, together with their directories. At the first glance, it looked so perfect. However, after saving my recovered data on a different hard disk. I found most of the files had zero byte. Can you imagine my horror !!!!. I thought I made a mistake in doing the task. So I did it again and again, and again. The results were exactly the same - about 80% of my data files had zero byte. Upon a recommendation, I used GetDataBack NTFS from Runtime. This software read my hard disk, and reported problems with some sectors. I asked it to ignore them - just scan. It found all the files and their directories. I saved my data to a different hard disk. It was such a slow process. It took more than ONE DAY to recover my data (about 7GB). However, the result was ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. I lost some files due to bad sectors. The remaining files are in perfect order. Every single file can be opened by its software. I have about 98% of my data recovered.

Technotiger 21:19 31 Oct 07

Following on from my previous ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…