Help - Error In Windows XP

Neo_0147 20:15 03 Apr 03

Just need some help. When I boot up my computer and it comes onto the enter password screen, i enter my password and 'sometimes' I enter my password and then as soon as I press enter it just restarts?!?!?! Other times I get passed the password screen and when it has loaded up I may click on Windows Messenger and then sign in, then as soon as I click on the messenger to see who's online it restarts again. This can also happen when I go to Internet Explorer in the start menu just after boot up.

When it does come back on after a restart the usual 'The system has recovered from a serious error' message comes up with the send or dont send option.

After it has restarted it works fine and has no prolems and sometimes it doesnt restart at all after a boot up.

Any one got any ideas?

spikeychris 20:30 03 Apr 03

you need to be able to read an error message. XP automatically restarts when its in trouble. To turn this silly feature off, Right-click on My Computer and select the Properties command from the shortcut menu.

When you see the System Properties dialogue box, select the Advanced tab. Then, select the Settings button in the Startup And Recovery panel.

Once the Startup And Recovery dialogue box appears, clear the Automatically Restart check box in the System Failure panel and click OK.

When it restarts again you will, this time get an error message, in other words half way home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…