Help with error message after virus attack,please

Tim Fairhead 16:29 07 Feb 03

I would be most grateful for some help. Recently, my Polar computer, which runs with the Windows 98 Second Edition, was infested with the
I-worm/Lirva.B worm from an e-mail and this was successfully removed by the Solo Antivirus programme. However, on starting up the computer every time, I now get an standard error message with a white cross on a red circle in a grey rectangular box with a standard OK button and that error message says: Cannot find the file '\RECYCLED\f6ADA0B.exe' or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

This message now comes up every time and it is as if the operating system is trying to find this worm file. Can anyone please tell me in easy to follow steps how to get rid of this error message? Any help would be very much appreciated.

With thanks,
Tim Fairhead

VoG™ 16:37 07 Feb 03

There's a removal tool click here

This should remove the registry entry that is causing the error message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…