HELP WITH EPSON STYLUS P50

jojo7 20:10 PM 22 Jan 13
Answered

Hi...yesterday my first ever printer arrived, the P50. All went well after initial setup and printed perfect pictures. Today I bought Staples Matte paper...with disasterous results! The first couple of photos were ok (quality nowhere near as good as with epson paper) but then photos started banding (iv discovered this terminology today!) Is this most likely due to inferior paper? Or could it be something to do with Print Head Aligning?? Which brings me to my next question... is it normal for the P50 to shake whilst printing?? Im aware I know nothing about printers but surely this cant be good for it??? Thanks in anticipation to a response :)

northumbria61 20:15 PM 22 Jan 13
Answer

Have a read here enter link description here

northumbria61 20:38 PM 22 Jan 13

If all else fails try contacting HP Support(UK) by Email via this LINK enter link description here

SillBill 20:41 PM 22 Jan 13

"Banding" is hardly likely to be caused by the type of paper.

jojo7 20:47 PM 22 Jan 13

Ok.. I think the shaking so violently was due to not being on the most stable of surfaces as it had moved a little... im guessing that will be the banding problem solved as I just moved it and no lines :) The details and colors are still not as they were with the epson paper though so I reckon iv answered my own question there!!! Thanks for responses... im sure i will have many more questions along the way!!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…