help with epson printer

diddi.ash 17:37 23 Mar 07

I have an epson DX3800, and although i have changed the colour yellow twice now because it is not showing when i do nozzle check and after numourous head cleaning, still cant get yellow to work, if i do a yellow image to print it comes out in lines so the ink is getting out
Any other ideas i can try, or is a job for the repair shop?

chub_tor 19:02 23 Mar 07
  diddi.ash 19:08 23 Mar 07

Wow thanks i will try that, do you think it sounds like the heads then??
I did even try taking the yellow cartridge out and clean the head with cotton bud

Technotiger 19:11 23 Mar 07

Could simply be a bad Yellow Cartridge(s) - even if new this can sometimes happen. I would try another yellow cartridge. It has happened to me and my Epson printer.

Technotiger 19:13 23 Mar 07

ps - there was a recent thread here with exactly the same sort of problem, where a Guy, although familiar with his printer and pc etc, simply forgot to remove the yellow tab from a new cartridge and wondered why it did not work :-)

diddi.ash 19:13 23 Mar 07

yes i have tryed it twice now cause thats what i thought, but it still not coming through enough!!

diddi.ash 19:15 23 Mar 07

yes i did take the yellows tabs off too..

mammak 19:20 23 Mar 07

Same thing happened to me with a black cartridge on my Epson R200 what advice I got from the Epson website was to turn the printer of over night it seemingly softens the clogged up ink on the heads and then try again to clean them anything up to 5 times it could take, it worked for me good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5