help! EMail format in MS Outlook!

tab786 00:49 13 Mar 03

i usally use MS Outlook to sent e mails and covering letter for jobs .But the problem is that when u open them in other e mails software or hotmail ,it really mess up the original format in which i have sent them out.This mean that i would not be considered for that vacancy....please help wat shd i do??

Djohn 01:25 13 Mar 03

Write your CV or main letter in word.

Open email and put a brief introduction in the email, stating that the main letter is attached as a file. When opened it will retain it's original layout.

tab786 23:46 13 Mar 03

so this mean that there is no way that i can write the coverin letter in the main body of the mial in an official formated way to be opened in the same format

DieSse 01:38 14 Mar 03

Yes that's correct - you can't do that (well you could if you want to go to the trouble of composing it in HTML and setting it up correctly).

The proper way to do it is with an attachment, as stated above. To avoid problems, either ask first about attachmennt types - or save it in RTF (Rich Text Format) - which enables it to be opened by most Word Processors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…