Help with email

rawprawn 19:41 PM 20 Nov 11

Bt I have a Mac,Windows laptop, and an iPad. Until recently any mail that arrived was shown on all three machines. Now I seem to be getting emails on the Mac and sometimes the iPad but not the Laptop. It's as though once it hs been opened that is the end of it. BT recently changed and I think it must be in settings but I am darned if I can find it. Any help appreciated. RP

lotvic 20:25 PM 20 Nov 11

On all three machines the email account advanced settings has to have "Leave a copy of each message on the server" ticked. Sounds as if the Mac is deleting them from server so that they are not there when you try to collect same emails on other machines.

rawprawn 20:36 PM 20 Nov 11

Thanks lotvic, I felt it would be something like that. However I am new to Mac and cannot find that in preferences.

lotvic 20:49 PM 20 Nov 11

I don't know anything about a Mac. What email client does it use?

rawprawn 20:51 PM 20 Nov 11

Mac mail as far as I know

northumbria61 21:26 PM 20 Nov 11

rawprawn - this any good enter link description here

rawprawn 08:17 AM 21 Nov 11

Good morning northmbria61 sorry for the delay, I have checked against your suggestion and mine is slightly different (Later version I think) It says "keep copies of messages for offline viewing" and is set to all messages and attachments. That is the only close reference Remove or keep copy on server.

rawprawn 08:38 AM 21 Nov 11

I don't know what I have done but when I fired up the laptop this morning I got 58 emails which had been missing. I will see how I go on and if the problem is solved. I will leave this thread foe a few days and let you know the outcome. Thanks RP

Woolwell 09:25 AM 21 Nov 11

Consider moving to imap which will allow your e-mail account (inbox and sent) to be synced between all 3 systems.

rawprawn 09:39 AM 21 Nov 11

Thanks Woolwell, I will take a look at that suggestion.

rawprawn 09:44 AM 21 Nov 11

Just had a quick look and I find the Mac is imap and of course my laptop is still POP3,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know