//some 3rd party need geo

Help with Elan Vital PSU 500w

movementz 13:02 15 Dec 05

Hi guys, hoping a kind soul can help me out please :)

First I'm building my first PC and have the following components (these are off the top of my head as I'm not at home and supposed to be working)

Thermaltake Kandalf Case (with 4 fans (front one replaced with an Acoutifan as I accidently broke it)

2 Sata HDDs

Asus 5A2D-2E premium mobo

P4 3.6ghz 660

Zalman CNPS9500-LED Aero Flower Cooler

Floppy, LG CDRW, Pioneer 108 DVDR

Fan controller 5 1/4 rack (cant remember make, sorry)

Elan Vital Greenerger 500w PSU

2gb DDR2 ram

Anyway, I have a few questions (please note Im completely new to this sort of thing so excuse the lameness hehe) -

1. The power connecters for the psu - do these have to be in any order or can I just plug them in anywhere, ie I've got a floppy, dvdr, cdrw, fan and then a hdd connected in that order to one blue set of connectors, is this right or do they have to be a specific way?

2. I have two hdds that have different connectors, ie one has a 4 pin connector (wd raptor) , the other a sata connector (seagate barracuda), can I just plug them into a sata and 4 pin connector?

3. Does the PSU set the voltage for the UK automatically?

4. I need to plug two connectors into the mobo, one is a 24pin which is simple enough, but the other is a four pin (on the mobo), problem is the psu connector has an eight pin one which seems to be clipped together. I've separated them and now have 2 four pins which fit the mobo, is this right?

5. If I dont connect the mobo at this time, should the fans still work if they are plugged into the PSU?

Sorry for the complete lack of knowledge, any help would be most appreciated :)

uisquebeathus 16:48 15 Dec 05

the items as listed are fine but the board is a
Asus P5AD2-E Premium
item 1 the spread the connecters and the PSU will balance the power.
item 2 there should be two sata connecters and possibly 6 Molex 4 pin supplied, the motherboard should have sata connecters also as well as IDE.
item 3 the PSU if bought in UK should have a socket and the fan controller at the back, if that is all it should be 240v.
item 4 Split the 20 and the extra 4 pin and isolate the extra plug the separate 4 pind P$ type plug must be plugged into the board at the top back.
item 5 do no try test or anything else a PSU is a dangerous tool and test like that sould cause injury or damage.
take it easy, read the manuals, take care and slowly, it will come together, go over each connection again before you finally try it.

movementz 16:54 15 Dec 05

cheers, thanks for the help :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…