Help with editing a scan

PaulOwen 20:04 21 May 04

I have scanned is some headed notepaper so I can make a fax cover sheet for work. Thing is, I need to edit some of the text at the bottom of the page but because it is like a colour picture it won't let me. Any ideas how I can do this? Thanks

Paul

Valvegrid 20:12 21 May 04

Is it possible to scan and save it as a BMP file and use paint or some other graphics program to edit it. I have done this before, with a bit of patience, it works.

bremner 20:13 21 May 04

Or you can scan it using an OCR program like Omnipage and save it as a Word document. It can then be editted like any other Word doc

buscrew 20:13 21 May 04

You need an OCR application to scan in the paper as an electric document. What you have at the moment is a photograph, and although not impossible, will be tricky to edit.

PaulOwen 20:15 21 May 04

I have scanned it in using the wizard in XP does this allow 'OCR'?

PaulOwen 21:49 21 May 04

^

Pesala 22:15 21 May 04

• Open the scanned graphic in Irfan View click here

• Drag a selection over the section you want to replace

• Copy to clipboard

• Open another copy of Irfan View and paste from the clipboard. This is the copy you use for a reminder of what to type if you need it.

• Return to the original image with the selection

• Press Control T to insert text into the selection

• Type the text and set the background colour, font, justification, size, and colour of the text. If it is not quite right. Undo and repeat, adjusting the font size.

Pesala 22:18 21 May 04
  LAP 22:32 21 May 04

If on your notepaper you have a clear coloured untexted area. Is it possible to scan the whole item, transfer to an edit software and cut and paste the clear area over the texted area. If so you can then type your text over the top. I tried this using Adobe Photoshop Elements and it worked. I hope this makes sense.

PaulOwen 18:09 22 May 04

Thankyou all, I used ifranview.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017