help with editing published web pages

trigger2 23:45 04 Feb 04

hi novice time again!
i have managed to get my web pages pulished
but looking at the site i decided i needed to make some changes.
this i did to the pages stored on my pc (in a folder). i then re launched the folder to the net...all seemed ok
but on viewing my site again it seems that only some pages have been replaced whilst the rest have stayed the same, i have re tried several times but cannot over right the old pages
any help please (simple terms!)
i'm with ntlworld, compiled pages using serif web studio and launched via terrapin (as serif would'nt launch)

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:00 05 Feb 04

is just make your alterations and upload it again with the same name. It should overwrite the old one.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:02 05 Feb 04

refresh the page when you viewed it? It may have been the old page from your browser cache.

trigger2 00:03 05 Feb 04

Tried that & it doesnt work!!

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:55 05 Feb 04

but most FTP progs have the facility to delete folders from the server. I have never tried it, but maybe if you delete and re-upload.

Good luck, Whiz...

trigger2 20:46 05 Feb 04

again thanks guys
all seems resolved
the mess that was our published site last night has this morning sorted it's self
and i have since read that it can take a while for uploaded pages to be viewable on your site
so maybe thats was it
hope so
trigger2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…