help dvd burner

yorkieman 02:29 17 Aug 04

can anyone recomend a good dvd-cd burner?around £60there are so many out there to choose from at various prices i would like to copy my home movies that i have downloaded to my harddrive so i can play on my dvd player and send them to family abroad.i already have a cd burner but i understand they do both jobs. is sony or artec any good? and what is duel layer is it a must have?

Chegs ® 03:40 17 Aug 04

Lite-On/Pioneer/Sony,etc. The newer drives are usually + & - formats,burn at x8 and no one particular brand is better or worse than another.You will need some kind of conversion software to convert the video files (.AVI) to DVD (MPEG2) I use MovieMaker/Studio 8 to transfer the video to my hdd,then TmpGenc to render ready to burn to DVD,and TmpGenc also can burn the DVD once rendered.I have a Pioneer A106,it can use +/- format discs,but is an older model so still at x4 burning speed.New dual-layer DVD+R technology developed by Philips in cooperation with MKM increases DVD recordable capacity to 8.5 Gbytes.Software choice is mostly personal preference,use whatever your comfortable with.I occasionally have probs with Studio,so switch to MM(included with XP)

Chegs ® 03:44 17 Aug 04

Single/Dual layer DVD's explained here...

click here

Satmansq 08:49 17 Aug 04

Take a look at the reviews page on this site click here but have a shop around as the prices have changed and you can get the drives cheaoer than quoted here. I opted for the NEC drive which supports dual layer, its supposed to be the up and coming technology, but who knows. I bought my drive from DABs and am awaiting delivery click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced