help! dropped my laptop

bulldognick 14:17 05 Feb 08

hi can someone help.i have an acer aspire 9301 and it was dropped,now when i try and start it the acer logo appears then goes to a black screen with the following, ADAPTER_INIT:calling PHYLNIT client mac addr(my address)...* no boot file name recieved PXE-MOF:exiting NVIDIA boot agent operating system not found.if you then press anything procedure repeats.also you cannot ALTF10 for recovery (acer disk2disk) even though it is set in the bios would this mean the harddrive is shot.any help would be greatly recieved.

kjrider 14:20 05 Feb 08

Sound as if you might have damaged the Hard drive.

jack 14:23 05 Feb 08

Something is shot thats for sure
But what?
If the HD was damaged it probably would not work at all
So perhaps if it was 'alive' when dropped a piece of data has scrambled.
If you do not have a full Operating system disk, and the supplied recovery disk is not helping- it may mean hand in pocket for a repair shop.
Good question then - any one know of a GOOD repair shop?

bulldognick 14:27 05 Feb 08

in the bios the time/date is still running and correct.dont know if this makes any difference.

Technotiger 14:33 05 Feb 08

Is it possible to start in safe-mode?

birdface 14:35 05 Feb 08

Have you tried last good configuration or system restore in safe mode.[keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.]

bulldognick 14:40 05 Feb 08

cannot get to safe mode,repeatedly tapping F8 does nothing it just continues onto black screen and repeats previous.

Technotiger 14:42 05 Feb 08

Hmm, looks like a trip to your local friendly PC repair shoppe.

mad1234 14:48 05 Feb 08

don't know if this will help but have you tried reseting the BIOS back to the factory defaults to see if that will work

Pamy 14:54 05 Feb 08

Is it covered with house insurance?

Pamy 14:54 05 Feb 08

Contents that is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017