Help with driver

I have put a fresh O/S on a mates PC. He has lost all the CDs etc. The problem I have is the driver for the 'ethernet controller'. When I put my broadband cable in it wont access the internet as it needs the driver. What can I do to find this driver? Thanks.

rawprawn 17:22 02 Oct 08

Try this click here

birdface 18:00 02 Oct 08

Or just switch the Modem off for twenty seconds and switch back on and leave for 2 minutes before you use it.

baldydave 21:28 02 Oct 08

is the ethernet part of the motherboard ie with all the other sockets on the back plate,if so with pc turned off (SAFETY FIRST) find make and model of motherboard also look for revision no: on the board,go to motherboard site and download lan drivers.
If a ethernet card is fitted,sitting further down the back of pc go to start/control panel/system/hardware/ device manager/ network adapters/click on network adapters/update drivers online,or remove network card and look for make/model on it then search for drivers and download them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…