Help with domains - confused! (

gplatt2000 17:35 17 Dec 03

Hi! I have 14 domains i want to purchase, and have found as their prices seemed ok (if anyone has other recoommendations please tell me). But in the grey box at the top it says ' = 21p per month". However, when you scroll down the page there is a list of options, which is where I get confused!

What I want is a 'main domain' (which I already have hosting for), where my site will be. However, I also want the other 13 domains to have an index page which says 'enter', which takes the user to the main domain. I dont want anything else, or a banner!

Would all these need the 'website' option or the 'web diversion without heade' option - from what I can understand the diversion would mean i couldnt have an index page at that site- it would just take people who type in the domain staraight to the other domain??

Thanks a lot for any help, and please feel free to reccommend anywhere else.

thanks again,

Forum Editor 17:53 17 Dec 03

have to publish anything under the other domain names - just arrange for web forwarding with your current hosting company, the one which will host your 'main' domain. This will mean that anyone who types any of the other domain names into their browser will automatically be taken to your main site.

gplatt2000 18:15 17 Dec 03

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I originally was going to do that but then thought I would have an index page with lots of key words related to my main site so that google results may be btter? Of course this might not work, please correct me if Im woring!

Anyone know about the different options with Im still confused as to which options to choose? :S

Thanks again for your quick help, much apporeciated

PurplePenny 21:00 17 Dec 03

Blimey Gavin, just how many variations on classic-mini .co .uk are there? :-))

But they dont take solo do domain's for £2 a year with no banner's etc.

If you are doing a classic mini site then i am willing to help, i have a lot of photo's about that could be of use!

gplatt2000 22:37 17 Dec 03

Hey thanks a load Pilch Ill get in contact woth you sometime - once Ive got the domains/hosting sorted out!

Thanks again everyone

that you can rip up and take bit's off....

Try one and one if you have anything but solo... they are a good company that deal in domains only.

gplatt2000 12:01 29 Dec 03

OK thas again for all your help, I shall soon be sighning up with 1 & 1.

Also, any ideas on hosting?

Thanks again

Hosting can also be done through oneandone or i have signed up simple domain fowarding at click here but they do hosting deal's....

my offer is still open by the way if it is about the classic mini's!

gplatt2000 19:03 29 Dec 03

lol yeah sorry bot that ive only just got back from holiday, and so havent had chance to email you yet. I dont have tim now as Im about to meet a friend but dont worry I will soon be in touch, thanks a lot for th e offer! So what kind of things do you have?

Thanks once more

mcullum_DX4Life 10:47 30 Dec 03

I use click here for my hosting. Have a few websites hosted with them, found the support team to be very helpful (they even let me have SSH access for free when i needed it). Their plans are cheap and the uptime has been excellent, indeed the last time they were down was in about April...

Im a web designer and i use them for all my client websites, I have used one or two others in the past not been too impressed however.

Be careful with oneandone, i have used them for a clients site once because the client insisted and they were terribly slow and when i tried to cancel the contract with them to move elsewhere because of service disattisfaction, they wanted me to pay double the cost of the plan. Thier customer support was attrocious, the woman on the phone said i jhad to fax something through to confirm i wanted to cancel. Well you see, not everyone has a fax machine and i ended up paying for the rest of the 12 months.

For domain, i use click here - never had any problems with them and i know that i have full control over my domains (the only registrar i know of for's with full control) as well as web forwading etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…