help with domain name

wobbler 11:53 15 Nov 06

I wish to setup a new web site using my own domain name, where do I start? Do i have to register my name with anybody or organisation and who do I get to host it , I know its probably a minefield but we all have to start somewhere.

scotmax 12:34 15 Nov 06

Have a look at Freeola.com and their site Getdootted .com.
Search to see if the name you want is available, decide if you wish to purchase, then get hosted via freeola for free. Well worth for starting off with your own site.
Tom

Z1100 12:39 15 Nov 06

to host my site. They will Register and Host your site and thier customer support is excellent.

click here
KEY FEATURES

UNIX Standard Plan - £29.99 per annum

1 GB of ultra fast web space
5 GB of data transfer / month

Supported Technologies

Full support for PHP (version 4.4.1), SHTML
Perl (version 5.005_03) CGI scripts
SSL Secure Server & PGP Encryption
MySQL Database (version 4.0.12)
FrontPage 2000 Extensions
Customised Error Pages
Password Protect Directories
Flash enabled
WAP enabled

Hanx!
K.

spuds 16:17 15 Nov 06

These click here would do everything for you. They will also provide 'free' website building, as part of the package.

Would suggest, that when you require more information, you use the forum's Webdesign section. People who are into website building etc, are readily available to answer questions there.

Forum Editor 19:02 15 Nov 06

as spuds suggests, and I'm going to move it over there now.

Griffon 21:29 15 Nov 06

I found Freeola wasn't free unless you bought your internet access through them. Otherwise they're quite expensive as hosts i.e. something like £40 per year. You really have to read the small print before this is clear. I use the company Virtual Names for hosting and its about half what Freeola charges. I also found Freeola support very poor indeed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…