Help with Disc copying

loaders 20:08 09 Aug 05

Trying to copy disc(music) to blank disc ,burn starts ok but fails after about 3%shown on scale (Nero being used) with message "Calibration area is full" what does this mean and how do I overcome it please.Any help would be appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 20:11 09 Aug 05

cdburnerxp.se :: View topic - Power Calibration area is Full(1047)! HELP!
"ower Calibration is controlled by the recorder.

Before any write operation, all recorders must do a 15 step power test to determine the optimum power for writing to the CD; this is called "Optimum Power Calibration"(OPC). During the write, it continues to do this test to get the best write throughout the whole CD; this is called "Running Optimum Power Calibration" (ROPC).
This whole process is controlled by the recorder, though initiated by programs such as Nero. There is an area on the inner part of the CD for the test and test data info to be stored. You can use this area up to 999 times.

If you receive the "Power calibration error" or "Power calibration area is (amost) full" error message, the cause will be either poor media, poor power, or a defective recorder.

Please try the following solutions:

Update the firmware of your recorder. Please check the manufacturer's website for the latest version.
Try another brand of CD-R or CD-RW media.
Try different power connectors, and for recorders, do not share power with other devices. It needs its own power connector. If the error occurs with an external recorder, the power source in the chassis could be the cause. As a test, try to take the recorder out of the external chassis and connect it internal.
Try different configurations, such as taking the CD-ROM to the primary IDE bus as slave and have only the recorder connected to the secondary IDE bus as master.
Send the recorder in for service."
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:17 09 Aug 05

Power Calibration area is Full

Try another brand of disc but..

last time I had this ws on a phillips Cd writer it was US ended up in the bin

Simsy 10:02 10 Aug 05

suggests to me that the area has been used before...

I'm clutching at straws here, but, are you using CDRW, rather thn CDR? If so, beware that even if you are successful in the burn, most domestic CD players will not be able to read the disc anyway.

(The technology used to make the discs reuseable means that they are not as good at reflecting the laser bean used to read the disc as CDR)

Apologies if I'm off track!

Regards,

Simsy

loaders 15:25 10 Aug 05

Thanks for your prompt reply,I will try different make discs to see if that cures the problem if it doesn't I think i will have to change my recorder.

loaders 15:28 10 Aug 05

I will certainly try some other brand of discs although I have already tried three brands it looks like I may have defunct recorder.thanks for your help.

loaders 15:31 10 Aug 05

I was trying to record on CDRs but as has been suggested I will be trying some different brand of discs to see if that makes any difference,thanks for your help.

pj123 17:01 10 Aug 05

What version of Nero are you using. The latest version is 6.6.0.16 which I have just downloaded.

loaders 16:12 11 Aug 05

I'm using version 5.5.10.3 which came with the CD burner.is ti a free download,do you think it would overcome my problem?

€dstowe 16:29 11 Aug 05

A friend had a Nero disk supplied with a CD recorder but found it wouldn't work. A download of an up to date Nero version worked easily.

The reason the first version didn't work was because these OEM disks supplied with hardware are tied to that particular brand of hardware and if you get disks swapped around with other products there is a possibility it will not work.

Not saying this is your problem but, it may be.

pj123 16:53 11 Aug 05

loaders, Sorry No. As you have 5.5 you cannot update from version 5 to version 6 for free.

What I do suggest you do is buy a version 6 from

click here

It will cost you £3.49 plus postage. Once you have that installed you can then update to the latest version for free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…