Help with Digital Camera

I have a camera which I want to put the photos on my computer via USB. When I connect the camera to the computer the little bubbles come up found new hardware etc. But it just won't work. I have loaded the drivers with the disc that came with it but nothing. Please help someone!!

Salinger 16:05 15 Aug 04

Have you looked in "My Computer" to see if it's there? Best bet is a Card Reader if you use a flash card in it.

Bebee 16:06 15 Aug 04

What's the 'etc.'? If it does not report a fault check in My Computer. The camera may appear as another drive which you can then access. Otherwise try accessing images through another program e.g image editing.

Good luck.

No its not there.

christmascracker 16:10 15 Aug 04

What make & model camera is it?

Praktica DCZ 2.2 S It worked before but I have formatted since I used it last. (XP Pro).

pj123 16:20 15 Aug 04

Again this seems to be another good reason for buying a card reader. They are so cheap now and hassle free click here

they can be connected to the PC all the time. All that is required take the camera card out of the camera and put it into the reader.

pj123 16:23 15 Aug 04

Sorry, that link didn't seem to work. Try this one. click here

Yes but I haven't got one and need to get the photos of today. It should work it has before, and I need some advice on why it isn't working not that I should buy a card reader.

Stuartli 16:27 15 Aug 04

If you have XP you won't need a driver - the camera will be seen as a removable drive, just as with card readers.

Look in My Computer for a new drive letter - my Minolta Dimage E203, if I download from the camera rather than a card reader/writer, uses "R". I presume it's for Removable.

Earlier versions of Windows do need a driver. But as with most USB devices, you should install the driver first on initial use.

When I go into my computer the only drives listed are A, C, D + E plus my scanner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…