Help With Dell Computer

markymark06 21:45 29 Jun 09

At the weekend i bought a desktop Pc its made by dell the mother board number is E210882 it was only cheap opened it up today found it had no hard drive in i wasnt to fussed because i have loads of hard drives i opened it up and found there is only 1 ide slot and has 2 sata connections is it poss to use a maxtor hard drive on a ide slot?

woodchip 21:48 29 Jun 09

Yes you can connect one EIDE Hard Drive and one Optical Drive to the one IDE slot using the correct Ribbon cable

markymark06 22:04 29 Jun 09

hi thanks done that what am i looking to do is to install windows xp pro i start up all the jumpers so i can have hard drive and cd rom on the same ide slot and went thought all the normal installing part and formated hard drive ready but it keeps going back to the basic blue page from were i first started and its not going to the next stage were it starts loading xp

markymark06 22:16 29 Jun 09

hi thanks done that what am i looking to do is to install windows xp pro i start up all the jumpers so i can have hard drive and cd rom on the same ide slot and went thought all the normal installing part and formated hard drive ready but it keeps going back to the basic blue page from were i first started and its not going to the next stage were it starts loading xp

markymark06 23:05 29 Jun 09

can anyone help me please

lotvic 23:48 29 Jun 09

Check on click here for guide.

When you restarted the pc (with CD still in) Do NOT press any key to boot from CD
DO NOT press any keys, let setup bypass the CD boot.

That is the only thing I can think of.

woodchip 23:50 29 Jun 09

Best way is just to have a Blank Drive no Partitions XP should do it all

markymark06 00:10 30 Jun 09

its trying
this is what i have been doing
1. press any key to boot from cd i do that all fine
2. then i format mi hard drive that all goes ok
3. then its start all the setup is copying files all ok does that
4. then does a reboot and just does back to the 1st page with the press any key to boot from cd befor when this comes up i dont press owt then it goes to next step never had any crap befor putting xp on a pc but this dell pc is doing my head in please help

markymark06 01:37 30 Jun 09

done it just need drivers for sound and vid and network card please

markymark06 01:37 30 Jun 09

done it just need drivers for sound and vid and network card please

markymark06 18:00 30 Jun 09

does anyone know where i can find the drivers for the network card , sound , video look on loads of sites but just cant work out which one they are please help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…