Help to delete a file...

Pepper9 17:57 20 Dec 08

I have a picture which I want to delete but try as I might it will not delete. I have tried right-clicking but I do not get the full menu when I do this. I have tried using the side window to delete or move but nothing happens. The title of the picture is a very long one - I cannot even edt this to see if this makes a difference.
Any help greatfully received
Thanks

VoG II 17:59 20 Dec 08

Try Unlocker click here

Pepper9 18:14 20 Dec 08

Thanks for that - I have just tried it but no joy - when I right click on the file Unlocker does not show in the menu. Thank you anyway.

Pepper9 18:24 20 Dec 08

I have just tried MoveonBoot but when I try to open the file I am told that it has an invalid file name and so will not open it in the programme. Can I change the name so that it is valid?

Sea Urchin 18:36 20 Dec 08

Have you downloaded the Unlocker program?

Pepper9 18:39 20 Dec 08

I downloaded the programme - it was showing on my task bar (a little Wand?)but did not show when I right clicked on the file I wanted to delete.

Technotiger 18:44 20 Dec 08

Is the picture in your My Pictures Folder? if so, simply highlight it and then press Delete on the keyboard.

octal 18:51 20 Dec 08

Have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

Pepper9 18:59 20 Dec 08

Thanks guys for your help - I emptied the folder of all files (to a new file) but for the one I wanted to delete, moved that folder to My Documents and then clicked delete on the side window, It went to the Recycle bin and then I emptied it from there.
Success!!
Thanks Again
Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…