Help deciding on a Processor

CharlieR3355 12:07 27 Feb 09

Hi,

I neeed recomedations as to which processor would be considered to be the best choice if I were looking to put together a system for Graphics and Video editing usage...

Speed and stability my primary priority

There just too many flavors of processors out there;

Intel Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Duo, Pentium Extreme, Pentium D, and Pentium 4 processors,

I just listed these but I know AMD has a bunch too. I don't have too much time to research so I was hoping to be able to tap any of the experts on this forum for advice and direction.

-Charlie
[email protected]
The ultimate "computer," our own brain, uses only ten watts of power -- one-tenth the energy consumed by a hundred-watt bulb.--Paul Valery

citadel 15:03 27 Feb 09

the new quad core socket 1366 cpu's are the best as they have a memory controller on board. you need ab x58 motherboard and triple ddr3 to go with the cpu. if this is out of your price range the next best is a socket 775 quad core 45nm yorkfield. you can use a p45 motherboard and ddr2 with this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…