Help in deciding between these two PC's

FatboySlim71 11:37 14 Feb 06

I am looking to buy a new PC, I mainly use my PC for DVD work encoding etc, and also I surf the internet quite a bit as well, but I am wanting a high spec PC as that would mean that I would not have to upgrade for a while.

The two PC's I am considering are the Dell XPS 600 which has a Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 950 Dual Core Processor (3.40GHz, 800MHz, 2x2MB cache.

The other is a Evesham Evolution Xcaliber Plus which I have configuired and that is priced at £1700 and the processor in that is a Intel Pentium D 950 dual core 3.4 ghz. However the Dell is costing £2200 when I have configured it. The configuring I have done on both PC's is selecting more memory, bigger hard drive, sound and graphics cards are just the standard supplied ones. I have heard a few things about Dell, like poor customer service, unreliabilty, but the way of thinking I am having with Dell is that nearly every office, bank, uses Dell, so if they are used in that many places they must be reliable and stable PC's. Could anyone help

Totally-braindead 12:21 14 Feb 06

Why do you have 2 threads on the same subject? Since the other one has an answer on it I suggest you tick this one as resolved and use the other one.

FatboySlim71 12:30 14 Feb 06

If you read the other post you will see that I was asking about a AMD based PC. In this post I am enquiring about another Evesham PC which has a Intel Pentium D 950 dual core 3.4 ghz, thats why I have two different posts.

Grantrh 12:56 14 Feb 06

From looking at the spec list of the 2 PC's you are suggesting (and I don't know how you have specified them exactly) the Evesham one has an LCD monitor with it and the Dell one doesn't seem to have any display with it, which may account for the difference in price.

For my 2 penny worth - I prefer to build my own PC's so I get exactly the spec I need and don't waste money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…