Help creating a shift rota in excel. is this poss?

ShorN 14:52 20 Feb 06

I want to create a shift rota for my workplace in excel to automate the scheduling of employees.

There are 10 people in the team, and two people are needed in each day to cover the early start, and two people in to cover the late finish. (Therefore everyone does a mix of 1 early and 1 late)

I want to automate a calender that will create a schedule allocating each person to their shifts for the week.

But I would also like to set a variable which will tell the schedule when people are not available (i.e. on annual leave)

Any help on creating this or even advising if it is possible would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

stlucia 16:28 20 Feb 06

I think that realistically there's no way of using Excel to fully automate this: But, Excel can be used to simplify things for you if you put the 10 names in rows, then put "E" and "L" in columns against them when they're doing early or late shifts. You should only need columns for 10 weeks (or days, depending on how long they stay on one shift) before you start repeating the pattern. Then copy and paste the pattern as many times as you want to create a future plan. Then insert dates above the columns.

But holidays, sickness, etc. will still have to be dealt with manually.

Durko 17:15 20 Feb 06

It'd be much easier to got to this link they do staff scheduling software etc or have a look at Download.com for some free stuff!!

click here

D

ShorN 19:29 20 Feb 06

thanks for the help and tips!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5