Help creating an excel database

oo7juk 09:44 16 Oct 07

Hi,

I have creating a worksheet within excel that conatains various vlookup formulas and have another sheet within the same book that contains my data. What I would like to know if there is any other way of entering the data rather than tabbing along each cell. The range is A - BF and about 80% of the cells require data entry. I have used data valadation/drop down function to make it a bit easier. I have also looked at the 'form' fuction, but don't think that's any good - would take to long.

Many thanks

Noldi 11:40 16 Oct 07

If you are entering data in most cells then is it not just a case of: Tools > options > Edit and move selection after entry > Right, or are you looking for some sort of VBA code?.

Noldi

oo7juk 12:56 16 Oct 07

Hi,

Don't really want a vba code. Was thinking more of when I'm in the database /sheet rather than going from left to right go down as some of the cells have the same heading, but different options. Just trying to make it easier/quicker to input. Had a look at hlookup, but that won't do the job. Also looked at the 'form option' that has the correct format (going done the way), but doesn't give you the drop down option to select different options, thanks.

Noldi 06:14 17 Oct 07

From what I understand now you would be better to organise a control List box from the Toolbox Control. I remember doing this a few years ago but have not used this for a while so im not really the right person to lead you on that one.

Noldi

Noldi 06:20 17 Oct 07

Thinking about it again why not use Microsoft Access to enter the data and view it with Excel.

Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…