Help with .co.uk and .com internet pages

TicTacToc 20:49 12 Apr 06

Whenever I visit a different location of a website I can never revisit the original.

For instance click here always loads fine, but the moment I type in click here I will never be able to get to click here again.

This isnt a problem in that case, but for a website like click here instead of click here it is a pain.

So how do I get round this?

Thanks

Jackcoms 20:55 12 Apr 06

Visit the site you want and then add it to your Favorites

TicTacToc 21:02 12 Apr 06

ah, stupid 'click heres'.

www. google.com always goes to www. google.co.uk was what i meant. I cant get to the original website to add it to favourites.

VoG II 21:04 12 Apr 06

Where do these take you click here click here

Stuartli 21:26 12 Apr 06

If you key in google.com it will always take you to google.co.uk if you are in the UK...:-)

strech 21:47 12 Apr 06

if you right click on properties on your internet
explorer and set google as your default

TicTacToc 22:04 12 Apr 06

yer thats fine Stuartli, but with a site like www. tomshardware.com when I once went to www. tomshardware.co.uk the latter is much worse so it annyoing I cant access the other.

VoG the first takes me to www. google.co.uk, the second to www. microsoft.com. I have visited www. google.co.uk but never www. microsoft.co.uk hence why I think that happens.

strech, Im not quite sure what you mean.

VoG II 22:08 12 Apr 06

Some sites redirect you automatically to your 'local' site and I think that is what is happening. Once the site has set a cookie on your PC you will go to the local site. You can delete cookies via Tools/Internet Options.

Stuartli 22:13 12 Apr 06

It's obviously more beneficial to website owners that you visit the website of the country in which you live.

To be honest I didn't know tomshardware.com had a co.uk link (and I've been to its .com website hundreds of times) but, no doubt, I'll be directed there every time now...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…