Help with Copying and sound for Sony MD

puma22 10:45 06 Apr 05

I would like to copy recordings from my Sony MD to my PC then to CD. There is no copy right issue here - I am learning a musicla istrument and record my tutor. I would like to lsiten to the recordings in my car so need to copy to CD. The sonic software will not allow and according to the Sony website, I can only do this if I have a sony PC??? Does anyone know of a way round this.
Second issue is that I cannot hear rcordings on the MD through the PC speaker sytem, but could on a previous PC running same operating system. again any ideas?
PC is running XP.
Many thanks!

JFT 13:58 06 Apr 05

You need to connect the line out on your MD to the line in on your soundcard(usually a 3.5mm mini jack)then using some kind of recording software, or even windows sound recorder , record the output from your mini disc to your hard drive as a .wav , then use nero or whatever to burn the recorded .wav to CD.You may note this is an analogue transfer, this is because you can't transfer MD to PC digitally although PC to MD can be done digitally.Hope this helps!
JFT

puma22 14:14 06 Apr 05

This sounds helpful and if I cant find another way of diong it, i will follw your advice. It does seem though that if it can be done if you are using a sony PC, then it must be possible to transfer direct??

ICF 20:12 06 Apr 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…