Help. copy files and long time stating pc

Jade 14 G 15:02 06 Aug 05

Two problems l hope you can help me with, one is that l want to back all my files as thee for work but when l put the blank disc in it now brings up burn cd with meida which l know is wrong and thats all, last week there was a choice. The files are on word . I have to get them copied for monday.
When my docs are on, there is nothing at the side saying copy files and there normally is.
Second prob is my laptop is taking 6 mins to start, it waits till a bubble mesage comes on saying ' plug is not in for net working but l am not net working and l never will, only live in small flat I cannot get to the plug, my son put it in , but its taking three times longer than dial up ever was.
Hope you can help.
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 15:33 06 Aug 05

I take it that you use XP are using the windows' xp built in burning option?

CD Burning Becomes Routine in Windows XP
click here Is this any help?

Diodorus Siculus 15:37 06 Aug 05

As for the second problem, I'm not sure... maybe get son to undo whatever he did.

Jade 14 G 17:51 06 Aug 05

I followed the page that you got me the link, it was a bit different to how l usually copy them but l copyied them to a CD R then put the disc back in and nothing, not a file. Am getting worried as l downloaded a lot of stuff from microsoft yesterday and wondering if thats the reason but will be getting the sack if l can't get these files copied to disc.
Anyone got any help for me as l despratly need it ,
Jade

Diemmess 19:07 06 Aug 05

I don't use XP and hope someone will see this and come up with an answer....... It seems nothing is working the way it is expected and a routine that worked a week ago now doesn't!..... Jade 14 G certainly seems to need an answer soonest!

Jade 14 G 20:00 06 Aug 05

If l do a restore will l lose a lot of of stuff l uploaded yesterday.
Jade

DieSse 20:03 06 Aug 05

As a last resort - take your laptop to work and get someone with more experience to copy them for you.

Diemmess 20:16 06 Aug 05

System restore as I understand it ........ will only restore the operating system (XP) and not overwrite any data like word files. It has nothing to do with re-formatting which would wipe everthing.

You would lose any updates to the system files which you might have uploaded yesterday, but they could be done again if necessary.

'Still hoping someone else will support you in this.

Jade 14 G 20:18 06 Aug 05

I have to send them in monday and this is a 6 week old laptop but i bet its just something l am doing wrong,
Where are the experts,
Jill

Technotiger 20:31 06 Aug 05

Hi, I am not an expert, but would like to help. I would suggest that your best bet is to start with a System, Restore - you will not 'lose' any of your work by doing this. If your not sure how, let us know now - I can explain how.

Cheers.

Jade 14 G 20:36 06 Aug 05

0k will start wth resore, its ok l have done them so many times just hop it works.
JADE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…