Help with content filter setup - I.E.

wotbus@ 09:45 20 Aug 09

Just finishing off the computer for my young niece and I want to set up the content filters in IE, but having a bit of difficulty.
Under the contect tab all the sliders are on None and the content filter is now password protected - but - each time I try to surf it asks for the password for EVERY page, even Ford Cars! (that was just an example).
Some fatherly advice please ;-)

wotbus@ 09:46 20 Aug 09

PS Is the password a once only or can it be changed or even removed. Unknown territory for me.

wotbus@ 09:58 20 Aug 09

PPS Make that "content" tab and not "contect".

brundle 11:11 20 Aug 09

The Content Manager is inflexible and more trouble than it's worth for anything more than a handful of sites, you're better off installing something like K9; click here - browser independent, a choice of severity in restrictions.

The password for Content Manager should only appear if a restricted site is visited. Not hard to find this either (removal tool) click here

wotbus@ 13:10 20 Aug 09

Hi brundle. Thanks for the advice. I have been playing around with the IE content restrictions then trying them just to see if it works, and I agree with you, it's a pain. I know for a fact the parents just wouldn't have the time to keep supervising "on demand" every few minutes!
Thanks for the link also. I will install it and see how we go.
Cheers ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…