Help connecting to web server using Contribute 3

blueduck 15:09 08 Dec 04

Hi

I searched the forum first for this subject but didn't find anything so I wondered if ayone can help me. I'm trying to set my friend up to edit his web site by himself using Macromedia Contribute 3. He's uses WIN XP and I use a Mac OS X. I can connect to his web site easily from within Contribute but he's having real trouble connecting from his machine. All he gets is a messaage saying the site may be down cannot connect. Which isn't true as I'm usually connected at the same time. He's in Spain with plenty of broadband. We've tried everything but wondered if their maybe firewall issues either on his computer. I set him up as a user in Contribute but the same error occurs.
Any ideas of what to look for much appreciated!
Thanks!

Forum Editor 15:25 08 Dec 04

and has downloaded and installed SP2 the Windows firewall will be enabled by default, and will almost certainly be the culprit.

Tell your friend to turn the firewall off (in Control panel/security centre) and then try again - he'll almost certainly be able to connect. If that doesn't work, come back to your thread for more help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac