Help connecting other wireless PC's to Wanadoo

webber_man 20:15 22 Aug 05

Hi - i have a friend who has recently signed up to Wanadoo Wireless & Talk. In the box they received they got the router/modem (Livebox), micro filters, various cables, wireless adapter (USB) and a USB wireless adapter cable.

They have set there wireless network up ok and can use it without any problem. However the problem comes when trying to access the wireless network using a wireless equipped laptop from work. They use it wirelessly at work and can use it at my house - but they can't seem to access their own network.

They have tried installed the same Wanadoo software they installed on their home PC - which connects using the USB wireless adapter - but this doesnt work. During the installation it says it's finding the wireless adapter (but the laptop has it's own adapter - not the USB one that came with all the gear and used by the PC) and so it then fails.

Basically, in short, does anyone know how to configure the laptop which has a Netgear (wireless card) so it can access their Wanadoo Wireless Network?

Many thanks.

Strawballs 21:12 22 Aug 05

If the laptop is XP sp2 have you tried running the wireless network wizard in control panel

Strawballs 21:13 22 Aug 05

If the laptop is XP sp2 have you tried running the wireless network wizard in control panel

woodchip 21:22 22 Aug 05

use the Laptop WiFi, disable or remove any other LAN's. You have to set the same settings as the Router like SSID etc, in the Laptop.

webber_man 22:04 22 Aug 05

Have already tried...but will give it one more go!

When running the windows wireless thingy it asks for the WEP key - which i enter but still no joy. I think another LAN may be enabled...will just go check!

woodchip 22:13 22 Aug 05

Look in Device Manager you should only have the one you want to use active Turn of Encryption until you get it up and running i.e. WEP key

woodchip 22:14 22 Aug 05

Look in Device Manager you should only have the one you want to use active Turn off Encryption until you get it up and running i.e. WEP key

webber_man 09:12 23 Aug 05

Cheers for your replies Woodchip.

Have tried your suggestions but still no joy.

Will keep trying and hunting down the answer!

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5