Help connecting laptop to tv

ste1403 18:58 22 Aug 09

Hi i have recently bought a new tv and would like to set my laptop upto it but i seem to be having a bit of trouble.
I have a toshiba equium A100-027 model laptop and an LG 32LH4000 FullHD 32" tv.

Now i know my laptop isnt hd so im not expecting great quality picture. The cable i have is a VGA-HDMI, ive connected it to my laptop and tv but my laptop doesnt seem to be reading it...

Help please

woodchip 19:36 22 Aug 09

You need to right click on empty desktop/Properties/Settings/Advanced/then look through the tabs for TV or Dual Monitor setup. If its a Intel Graphics there is a Tab that as a button on it to press

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:56 22 Aug 09

you need to switch to the external monitor (TV) by pressing Fn and one of the F keys (the one with the blue square) you may need to do it a couple of time before it switches.

ste1403 22:05 22 Aug 09

tried both options but its only showing one monitor source which is my laptop one.

ambra4 22:44 22 Aug 09

“The cable i have is a VGA-HDMI”

You cannot just use a VGA to A HDMI cable VGA is analouge and HDMI is ditgital. To have to

use a VGA to HDMI Converter with Audio

click here

Easily and effectively convert the analogue video signals from a VGA connection; encoding

them to a digital HDMI signal for use with HDMI supported displays.

Technotiger 22:44 22 Aug 09

You need a VGA to VGA cable with a DVI adapter, just like any normal Monitor - this TV has a VGA socket among its connectivity options.

I made the same mistake when I first tried to connect my PC/TV, by buying a VGA to HDMI cable, just wasted my money - and it weren't cheap!

See my connections in this earlier thread ...

click here

ste1403 17:49 23 Aug 09

ok i got it cheep thank god. thanx guys

ste1403 18:01 23 Aug 09

that link doesnt seem to be working Technotiger..

Technotiger 19:25 23 Aug 09

The link is working fine for me ... I just tried it again.

ste1403 10:26 24 Aug 09

yeah its working now had the trouble with some other websites as well thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…