Help connecting laptop to tv

ste1403 18:58 22 Aug 09

Hi i have recently bought a new tv and would like to set my laptop upto it but i seem to be having a bit of trouble.
I have a toshiba equium A100-027 model laptop and an LG 32LH4000 FullHD 32" tv.

Now i know my laptop isnt hd so im not expecting great quality picture. The cable i have is a VGA-HDMI, ive connected it to my laptop and tv but my laptop doesnt seem to be reading it...

Help please

woodchip 19:36 22 Aug 09

You need to right click on empty desktop/Properties/Settings/Advanced/then look through the tabs for TV or Dual Monitor setup. If its a Intel Graphics there is a Tab that as a button on it to press

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:56 22 Aug 09

you need to switch to the external monitor (TV) by pressing Fn and one of the F keys (the one with the blue square) you may need to do it a couple of time before it switches.

ste1403 22:05 22 Aug 09

tried both options but its only showing one monitor source which is my laptop one.

ambra4 22:44 22 Aug 09

“The cable i have is a VGA-HDMI”

You cannot just use a VGA to A HDMI cable VGA is analouge and HDMI is ditgital. To have to

use a VGA to HDMI Converter with Audio

click here

Easily and effectively convert the analogue video signals from a VGA connection; encoding

them to a digital HDMI signal for use with HDMI supported displays.

Technotiger 22:44 22 Aug 09

You need a VGA to VGA cable with a DVI adapter, just like any normal Monitor - this TV has a VGA socket among its connectivity options.

I made the same mistake when I first tried to connect my PC/TV, by buying a VGA to HDMI cable, just wasted my money - and it weren't cheap!

See my connections in this earlier thread ...

click here

ste1403 17:49 23 Aug 09

ok i got it cheep thank god. thanx guys

ste1403 18:01 23 Aug 09

that link doesnt seem to be working Technotiger..

Technotiger 19:25 23 Aug 09

The link is working fine for me ... I just tried it again.

ste1403 10:26 24 Aug 09

yeah its working now had the trouble with some other websites as well thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos