HELP!! connected but cant load any web pages

willymagic 08:14 01 Jun 06

Hi there,

i have a netgear dg834g adsl router and its been fantastic for 6 months, however yesterday while i was surfing and everything was great i had a power cut, when the power came back on 30 mins later i logged on as usual and it says im connected at 100 mbps which it always does however when i try to surf the web it wont load any web pages, when i look at the properties in the activity bit the packets sent and recieved goes up in tens, when they normaly go up in thousands! this is obviously the reason but i dont know why its done this!

this is doing my head in! i can only come on here on dial up!! any help would be MUCH appreciated!

many thanks in advance

dms05 09:52 01 Jun 06

Try going to All Connections, highlight your LAN connection, right click and from the drop down menu select 'Repair'.

mgmcc 11:01 01 Jun 06

You might also have to "hard reset" the Modem/Router back to factory default settings and configure it again from scratch.

willymagic 11:10 01 Jun 06

thanks DMs05, have tried that already but no joy, also MGMCC i have pressed the reset button to factory settings and had no luck with that either! bloody dial up, took me 10 times to connect!!

willymagic 11:53 01 Jun 06

** not sure if this is any help to anyone but on the netgear settings under router settings when i click on connection status it says the following **

connecting to server failed
Negotiation - LCP down
Authentication - CHAP authentication failed

dms05 15:22 01 Jun 06

If you've reset the Router have you entered all the data again (you should be back a factory default ie as it was when it was purchased).

willymagic 15:48 01 Jun 06

hi dms05, if you mean have i entered all the data again as in my isp username and password then yes i have and still nothing happeneing.. so bloody annoying as it says im connected as usual but still wont load any web pages!!

rsinbad 15:52 01 Jun 06

click here see if this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…