Help computer won't boot

Newuser356 14:20 15 Oct 03

I've recently deleted and reinstalled Windows98.
However,on rebooting,a page of script listing Voltage Items detected, high limit,low limit,CPU fan RPM :0 and a message reading 'System hardware abnormal,press any key to continue....'appeared but nothing happened when I pressed a key.
I can hear the HDD spinning.
Any ideas anyone....?
My machine runs on a Pentium III 500mhz processor and has 2 hard drives,the original 8g and a later fitted 20g

PA28 14:26 15 Oct 03

Need a bit more detail here, but firstly strip the system back to the absolute minimum that you need to run - take out all non-essentials such as soundcards. Make sure all cables correctly connected and no shorts anywhere (check mobo mounts, etc). Try min configuration and work up from there.

Now, why did you have to reinstall Windows? Did you have any hardware out of the case at all? This sounds to me like a hardware problem at the moment, and that cannot be caused by removal of software! We need the whole story Newuser356...

PA28 14:28 15 Oct 03

.. oh, and just one hard drive (the one with the .sys files on and with the pins set to Master) until you get going please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…