HELP!! Computer making strange noise HELP!!

HEN 00:46 25 May 05

Computer always starts in scandisk as it thinks it has always been shutdown improperly.
But the problem is when you launch Internet explorer the machine frezes and makes this strange clicking noise and the only thing you can do is shut down the computer
Is it a virus or is it the hardrive giving up
i have tried to restore but will not work when it restarts the computer .Please please can anyone advise Cheers Henry

Forum Editor 00:54 25 May 05

are the fans - of which there may be several, and the drives.

Clicking noises can sometimes be caused by something making contact with a fan rotor, but that would tend to be present all the time. If you only get the noise when you launch a particular program the indication is that the trouble's on the hard drive - I presume that when scandisk runs it produces no error report?

HEN 01:02 25 May 05

Yes, there are no errors on the report ,but it only makes this noise when you open the internet explorer

bretsky 01:10 25 May 05

Try installing and running this
click here

bretsky ;0)

HEN 01:25 25 May 05

Many Thanks for your help,kind regards Hen

dukeboxhero 23:07 28 May 05

sorry hen but constant clickin could mean h/d on way out id back up as much as i could just in case

Pooke100 23:30 28 May 05

Run disk defrag too.

VoG II 23:44 28 May 05

So what worked?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…