help! computer disk space/ efficiency

ReyesKing 19:27 22 Apr 05

Hi i regularly run disc cleanup and defragmenter and i have noticed that the space available on my hard drive ( that appears after defrag has run) is now at 80 percent down from 85 percent a few weeks ago? i do not think i have installed any significant programs apart from Limewire. what can i do to increase space? thankyou

stalion 19:30 22 Apr 05

try a cleanup with this
click here

ReyesKing 19:34 22 Apr 05

hi thanks for that i ran the program but it did not make a significant impact

DieSse 00:13 23 Apr 05

I don't understand why you are worried about free space; 80% or 85% - both are more than plenty.

You'd be amazed at the space that Windows uses for various things - restore space, temporary files, automatic updates, and the like - that Disk cleanups will not always alter.

You already say you have installed Limewire, and are not certain about other programs - why don't you think this accounts for the changes? - what about Limewire downloads?

If you've got WinXP, and hadn't got SP2 - this became an automatic critical update very recently, and is a large download, for instance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…