Help on choosing security program...

Mabinogion 00:53 AM 18 Jul 11

Hi I have started using Avast (free) as it's a lot faster than AVG which I have used for years but since the newest free version I have lost patience with it so am using Avast now which seems a lot faster. Also I would like to know if using a (free) Personal Firewall program should I enable the Windows Firewall as well? and have the two running? I have also been using 10bit Malware Fighter v 1.0 (free) so do I need anything else like Spyware Blaster? One more question... for security regarding online banking what should I be using or is what I am using enough? Thanks in advance..

Strawballs 01:45 AM 18 Jul 11

I use windows security essentials with the windows firewall

wee eddie 04:36 AM 18 Jul 11

1 AV & 1 Software Firewall is all you need. Your Router will have a Hardware Firewall built into it.

Never heard of 10bit Malware Fighter v 1.0 (free), but like you I'm also temperamentally unsuited to paying for something that can be done for free.

I run CCleaner, Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D.

birdface 09:51 AM 18 Jul 11

Maybe try this from another Forum for the full version of Avast till next april.

Not sure if this is allowed on here if not the FE will probably remove it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:03 AM 18 Jul 11

Security software

1 Firewall Vista and W7 own is ok, XP needs a better one

1 Anti virus your choice of Avast is good as it also check for syware and malware

As much antimalware as you like, if using avast back it up with something like Malwarebytes and or SuperAntispyware, SpywareBlaster is good as a blocker to stop malicious sites running before they can infect your machine

lotvic 12:59 PM 18 Jul 11

In addition to the above, for your online banking use Trusteer Rapport (it's Free) most of the Banks recommend (insist?) on it. It does not interfere with any other security software you are using.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11