Help with choosing a new printer

hawthorn59 01:49 16 Feb 11

Hi folks

I need a new printer. Up to now Ive just used a simple HP F380 and its fine, except sometimes it takes in too many pages and they stick.

So Im going to invest. I need wireless. I only do, at a guess, 1000-1500 pages per year. But I also want cost effective ink etc.

Ive read about Kodak being cheaper on ink. What would anyone recommend? I also notice with HP if you buy the higher rated cartridge it is better value for cost per page.

Would a laser be overkill for my needs? What makes would anyone recommend?

thanks

h

I'm quite a fan of laser - the print quality tends to be exceptional (for documents, not photos), and they are much faster and cheaper to run than an ink jet.

If you tend to print of large batches at a time then a laser would probably be a good option, where as if you just tend to print one page at a time here and there an ink jet would probably be a more sensible choice as laser printers take around 30-45 seconds for their initial warm up.

spuds 11:29 16 Feb 11

Whatever wireless printer you decide to use, then check the Amazon and Epsons own websites for prices, which will give you an input of the going-rate.

Just before Christmas, wireless printers were being reduced in prices, but now they have started to increase again.

My own preference would be a multi-tank or CISS capable printer, for cheaper print costs. Perhaps the Epson SX515W specification type would be a starting point?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5