HELP CHOOSING NEW LAPTOP PLEASE

UKPatti 16:16 11 Aug 08

My Sony Vaio laptop does not have enough RAM to cope with all the stuff I want to load on it - music, digital camera software, mobile phone software and other memory-eating stuff.

I have decided to invest in a new laptop - one with stacks of memory which will be able to cope with all the software I want to load.

Any recommendations? I like the Sony but have also been looking at Apple - the only thing with Apple is you seem to get less Ram for your money and I have never used an Apple computer before.

I can use my present laptop for wordprocessing and stuff like that so the new laptop would be more for photography, music etc. The important thing with the new laptop is loads of memory and good for photo editing and music etc.

Any recommendations? say a budget of up to £800/£900.

Thanks

provider 2 16:26 11 Aug 08

Maybe something from this lot:

click here

JYPX 19:21 11 Aug 08

If I had a Sony laptop I think I would find it very hard to downgrade to anything that did not have the x-black screen.
You don't say what screen size you want, but this one looks the business.
click here
same one, £920 at CCL.
click here

Your post might get more opinions in Consumerwatch forum....

UKPatti 12:11 12 Aug 08

Thank you JYPX - the Sony laptop looks great - definitely adding it to my list of possibles. The Sony laptop I have at the moment only has 1GB memory and 120GB hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…