Help choosing a graphics card

JACC 21:01 01 Aug 05

Quite simple this one , which graphics card would you choose given the choise
Nvidia GF 6600 256mb ram or an ATI 9800 Pro 128mb ram . My last Nvidia 5600 XT almost melted it was used too death but wasn't too bad when it was going ( actually part of it did melt )

gudgulf 21:26 01 Aug 05

This should help you decide.......it includes both cards you mention click here

My money would go on the older ATI9800pro which is noticably faster in all the resolutions/quality settings that are usable on these two cards.

goonerbill © ® 22:14 01 Aug 05

forget the benchmarks in 3D Mark 2005, Unreal Tournament 2004, Half-Life 2. 3d 2005 i find to be to unreliable for true benchmarking, to many veriables to get a true score ( could never get the score they rated my components at even with superior ram ). unreal 2004 and half life 2 are old games and would work better with the older cards, as the game makers would ensure there games worked with the graphics card.

the only benchmarks to look at are the newer games, Doom3 ,The Chronicles Of Riddick, Pacific Fighters. these give a more truer reading of what each card is capable off and make you decision based on these benchmarks, as to what graphics card to buy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…