help choose a laptop please! :)

tommyyards 20:08 08 Jul 12

Hi guys my old laptop got written off and i've been given a £349.99 voucher for PCworld

so my question to you is on www.pcworld.co.uk which is the best laptop/notebook shall I go for, I have a gaming pc, i'm going off to uni, but I sometimes go to lans with friends and play starcraft 2 etc on it, so i'm looking for the best laptop you can suggest, I can add my own money and push to around £400 but not much more

thanks for your time :)

frybluff 20:52 08 Jul 12

Are you asking for the best gaming laptop for £400 (obviously somewhat limited), or the best laptop for Uni for £400, on which you can play SOME games (a bit easier).

tommyyards 20:54 08 Jul 12

basically, i want to be able to take it into my physics lectures to write notes, so it doesnt have to have a huge battery life, but i would like it to play starcraft 2 okay, even if its on low settings i just want a secure fps, or is this too much to ask haha

many thanks :)

frybluff 11:17 09 Jul 12

PC World don't seem to have anything, at least in Intel based laptops, that would be adequate, at the price.

There are a couple of AMD laptops, that may be OK, but my knowledge of AMD is very limited, so wouldn't like to say, for certain. Someone with more AMD knowledge may be able to be more positive.

Please bear in mind, for UNI, you really do need an external means of back-up. If you've not already got one, you should allow £50/£60 for at least a 500GB ext hard drive (a bit more if you are going to get from PCW)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5